- tallied treasure & XP totals for the regular/returning PCs
- assembled the campaign's modules & notes into one cohesive binder for reference at the table
- created magic swords to reflect daggers that were commissioned for production...and a couple others to have on deck
- crafted info cards/sheets for complex magic items in play
- statted an artifact the Carnifex gave out at the end of the last game (see here for Muse info)
- statted a dragon
- started notes for the next game**
If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you create a magic sword using the advanced magic rules in the Judge's section of The Tome. I found it to be both eductional and inspiring. (For more advanced magic tidbits, check out Episode #30 of Spellburn! ...Don't tell me you didn't see that coming.)
And no, I'm not burying the lead here. They haven't come across a dragon (yet), but the assembly is a bit time-consuming and it's not something I can just pull together while they wait. That, too, was educational...and a bit scary.
**Possibly the most frightening part of all: I'm considering stepping outside of a module for our next session. That's right:
I. MIGHT. SANDBOX.
...It's terrifyingly exciting.